- is a PhD researcher at the Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) and is enrolled at Ghent University, Belgium and the University of Luxembourg
- is working on the FINWEBS project (INTER/FWO/16/11312037/FinWebs), which examines the role of agency in interconnecting international financial centres
- is studying technological change in financial infrastructure, focussing on cross-border payments
- is a member of the Regional Studies Association and the British International Studies Association
- worked as an academic technologist at the University of Warwick’s Politics and International Studies (PAIS) department
- spent 4 years in South Korea where he was assistant professor and academic technologist at the University of Suwon’s International College
- has over 11 years’ experience working in various IT roles at Creative Labs, Ireland
- has an MA in Global Political Economy, a BA in Business and German and a CELTA
- speaks English and German and some Korean and French
- is interested in economic and financial geography, political economy, financial infrastructure, payments, correspondent banking, fintech, blockchain, digital assets and tokenization, data and digital platforms, institutions, the state, industrial policy, East Asia, amongst others
- Dörry, Sabine, Gary ROBINSON, and Ben Derudder (2018) There Is No Alternative: SWIFT as Infrastructure Intermediary in Global Financial Markets. Financial Geography Working Paper 22, FinGeo. http://www.fingeo.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/FinGeoWP22_Doerry_Robinson_Derudder_SwiftGPN.pdf.
- Gary ROBINSON (2018) Beyond the usual suspects: A global analysis of global finance. Book review of: Hall S. 2017. Global Finance: Places, Spaces and People. London, Sage. Articulo – Journal of Urban Research, https://journals.openedition.org/articulo/3545.
- Gary ROBINSON (2017) Pragmatic Financialisation: the role of the Japanese Post Office. New Political Economy, 22:1, 61-75, DOI: 10.1080/13563467.2016.1195347.
- Gary ROBINSON, Sabine Dörry & Ben Derudder (2019) SWIFT, Ripple and technological change in cross-border payments. Presented at Intersections of Finance and Society, London, December 2019.
- Gary ROBINSON, Sabine Dörry & Ben Derudder (2019) Reform, that you may preserve: SWIFT, Ripple and technological change in cross-border payments. Presented at the Forschungswerkstatt Finanzgeographie – Financial Geography Lab 2019, Gelsenkirchen, October 2019.
- Sabine Dörry, Gary ROBINSON & Ben Derudder (2018) There Is No Alternative: SWIFT as Infrastructure Intermediary in Global Financial Markets. Presented at the RGS-IBG Academic Conference 2019, London, August 2019.
- Sabine Dörry, Gary ROBINSON, Ben Derudder & Tom Storme (2018) Financial Firms, Technology, and Changing Urban Geographies. Presented at the 5th Global Conference on Economic Geography, Cologne, July 2018.
email@example.com | Academia.edu | LinkedIn | ORCID | ResearchGate | Twitter | LISER | Instagram