- is a PhD researcher at the Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research (LISER) and is enrolled at the University of Ghent, Belgium and the University of Luxembourg
- is working on the FINWEBS project (INTER/FWO/16/11312037/FinWebs), which examines the role of agency in interconnecting international financial centres
- is studying technological change in financial infrastructure, focussing on cross-border payments
- is a member of the Regional Studies Association and the British International Studies Association
- worked as an academic technologist at the University of Warwick’s Politics and International Studies (PAIS) department
- spent 4 years in South Korea where he was assistant professor and academic technologist at the University of Suwon’s International College
- has over 11 years’ experience working in various IT roles at Creative Labs, Ireland
- has an MA in Global Political Economy, a BA in Business and German and a CELTA
- speaks English and German and some Korean and French
- is interested in financial geography, political economy, financial infrastructure, payments, correspondent banking, fintech, blockchain, digital assets, institutions, the state, industrial policy, East Asia, amongst others
- Dörry, Sabine, Gary ROBINSON, and Ben Derudder (2018) There Is No Alternative: SWIFT as Infrastructure Intermediary in Global Financial Markets. Financial Geography Working Paper 22, FinGeo. http://www.fingeo.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/FinGeoWP22_Doerry_Robinson_Derudder_SwiftGPN.pdf.
- Gary ROBINSON (2018) Beyond the usual suspects: A global analysis of global finance. Book review of: Hall S. 2017. Global Finance: Places, Spaces and People. London, Sage. Articulo – Journal of Urban Research, https://journals.openedition.org/articulo/3545.
- Gary ROBINSON (2017) Pragmatic Financialisation: the role of the Japanese Post Office. New Political Economy, 22:1, 61-75, DOI: 10.1080/13563467.2016.1195347.
- Gary ROBINSON, Sabine Dörry & Ben Derudder (2019) SWIFT, Ripple and technological change in cross-border payments. Presented at Intersections of Finance and Society, London, December 2019.
- Gary ROBINSON, Sabine Dörry & Ben Derudder (2019) Reform, that you may preserve: SWIFT, Ripple and technological change in cross-border payments. Presented at the Forschungswerkstatt Finanzgeographie – Financial Geography Lab 2019, Gelsenkirchen, October 2019.
- Sabine Dörry, Gary ROBINSON & Ben Derudder (2018) There Is No Alternative: SWIFT as Infrastructure Intermediary in Global Financial Markets. Presented at the RGS-IBG Academic Conference 2019, London, August 2019.
- Sabine Dörry, Gary ROBINSON, Ben Derudder & Tom Storme (2018) Financial Firms, Technology, and Changing Urban Geographies. Presented at the 5th Global Conference on Economic Geography, Cologne, July 2018.
firstname.lastname@example.org | Academia.edu | LinkedIn | ORCID | ResearchGate | Twitter | LISER | Instagram